Friday, September 07, 2007

IPod Info

I spent the day going to and coming from my dermatologist yesterday. It's a two hour trip one way when there's no traffic. I had two biopsy's on my leg. I think I would fall down in a faint if I went to my three month checkup without something being wrong. To add insult to injury, my psoriasis has moved to my arms and upper legs, where as before it was confined to my feet and lower legs. It's a bitch getting old!!! Bella spent another happy day at Doggie DayCare. It relieves my conscience that she likes it there.

Thanks everyone for all the help on the iPod/audiobooks issue. Read the comments from yesterday if you have had trouble downloading audio books into your iPod. I think that I will now get a cheap mp3 for books. Even though I understand how to possibly get it right in my iPod, it just doesn't seem worth it and any, it pisses me off that they have such a restriction so that you have to purchase books from them (iTunes store). I have done just that a couple times and that even makes me madder, when I can get it free from the library. I looked up the audio book builder and it looks just what the doctor ordered; unfortunately it's only for Mac's and I have a PC. I think, in this case, an mp3 is cheaper!!! That is my assignment to do today; head to an electronics store.

The two books on tape that I purchased were suggested by my pal, Linda, and they were both great. One was 'The Breakdown Lane' and the other was 'Water For Elephants'.

6 comments:

Beth in TN said...

Strangely enough, I also went to the dermatologist yesterday! She didn't find anything to biopsy this time. I've also had "pre-malignant" stuff on my legs--what's with us gals getting stuff on our legs?? I never even used to try to tan!

Cindra said...

I've heard the second book was really good. It's on my to read list.

Diane said...

You might check out Audible.com, Tommy. You have to pay for books or a subscription, but I've been able to download audio books from them and Audible has some compatible thing so it works with the Itunes software and on my Ipod just fine.

Diane said...

Oh by the way... did you know there are online sources for renting audio books, sort of like Netflix but books on cd? Here's one... www.audiotogo.com

Diane

Anonymous said...

Hi Tommy, thanks for your great blog; have you ever used hemp butter or sometimes called marijuana cream; for your psoaris-(doesn't give you any sort of a buzz) but my husband & friend swear by it. Jan in Aus

dee said...

Don't Bogart that hemp butter. It may not cure you but you'd be a lot happier about it. O.K.-that's all I've got...