Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wedding Belles

Actually, it was pretty good timing on my friend Ellie's part when she sent me these pictures. Wasn't I just looking at wedding dresses with my darling d this past weekend? Yeah, I think so. These dresses are all made out of toilet paper. YES !!!
There is a contest that seems to have attracted several participants. Could this be the new Project Runway spinoff? They are in order from Honorable Mention
which these first three are. I would love to see up close; like the zippers or the seams; something to see how these beauties were constructed. And did they get the big bag of toilet paper from Sam's/Costco/BJ's ?
I am so diggin' the basketweave!!!! Now we have the ones that placed and actually got a monetary prize. I believe it was $50 for placing, which would be 4th, 3rd and 2nd.

This is one came in at 4th place. I definitely would have done the flowers too, as I used to make toilet paper flowers all the time as a girl.
Here we have 3rd place. I think I would take off some of the 'train'; especially in the front. I am guessing they can't even walk in these creations. And I'm thinkin' - is softer better in this instance? Maybe not.
2nd place. Doesn't it look like the train is actually lacy?
And this is the back view of grand prize winner which received $200 but by the looks of it she used that
much or more on the toilet paper. Aren't these unbelievable? Just doing the pleating on this would take a week. I'm lovin' that someone did this, but frankly I have better use of my time. I need to see something concrete (figure of speech) for my efforts. How long must this have taken to do? Might Maggie be interested in a slightly worn but definitely unique gown such as one of these?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose the fun is in the process...? They are amazing dresses. I wonder if they can get them off in one piece? And do they recycle the "material" in the purpose for which it was intended?

Just wonderin'...
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Pretty funny! I am still smiling from looking at the dresses. A couple of them are very nice and obviously took a very long time to make. The gals must be better at time management than I am or else they have nothing better to do. Wow...the things people do.

Cindra said...

Wow! You wouldn't want to get caught out in the rain though!