Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's Making Me Hungry For Seafood

I was talking to Jayne, my girlfriend from college yesterday and


and what do you know? Here she is with me!!! Anyway, she asked my take on the Ellen/Rescue Dog Woes. I was embarrassed to say that I knew nothing about it, having gotten home at almost one a.m. the night before and normally I don't put on the tv during the day, and if I do, it's to the Food Network. So, after I hung up the phone I googled the dilemma.

Geez, what a big deal over nothing. Do you ever read the small print? TV star or not, no one that I know of does. Why in the world would the rescuers care where a rescue dog went, if it was to a good home? And to bombard a home with children in it that love the dog, and take it away to prove a point? You would think that they had better things to do. I guarantee that it will look bad on the organization rather than Ellen.

But, on another note; I personally don't think she gave the dog a chance, unless it was biting or hurting the cats. If I got my facts straight, Ellen didn't even have the dog a month. Oh well, she had a good heart at trying, that's all I will say. Now, to more fun things.

Check Out This Restaurant!








How cool is that?
The World's First All-glass Undersea Restaurant opened in the Maldives. April 15th marks the day that the first ever all-glass undersea restaurant in the world opened its doors for business at the Hilton Maldives Resort & Spa. Ithaa's (the restaurant's name) will sit five meters below the waves of the Indian Ocean, surrounded by a vibrant coral reef and encased in clear acrylic offering diners 270-degrees of panoramic underwater views. "We have used aquarium technology to put diners face-to-face with the stunning underwater environment of the Maldives", says Carsten Schieck, General Manager of Hilton Maldives Resort & Spa. "Our guests always comment on being blown away by the colour, clarity, and beauty of the underwater world in the Maldives, so it seemed the perfect idea to build a restaurant where diners can experience fine cuisine and take time to enjoy the views - without ever getting their feet wet." Created by MJ Murphy Ltd, a design consultancy based in New Zealand, Ithaa's distinctive feature is the use of curved transparent acrylic walls and roof, similar to those used in aquarium attractions. "The fact that the entire restaurant except for the floor is made of clear acrylic makes this unique in the world," continues Schieck, "We are currently planting a coral garden on the reef to add to the spectacular views of the rays, sharks and many colourful fish that live around the area.


I wanna eat there.

3 comments:

bonnie said...

OK>>>>>>Is it a SEEfood restaurant or a SEAfood restaurant....like cows looking at you while you eat a burger!!! Are the seat cushions your flotation device in case of a leak (leek).....this could keep going but I will stop here...and by the way...I would eat there.

Anonymous said...

I wonder where the cooking is done? Do they have to keep shuttling the food up and down that chute?

Ellen's act was so over-the-board pathetic, she was wailing for grits sake....why didn't they run an Ad and steal her show?

teri springer said...

Eat there!????!!!! I want to LIVE there!

And sorry, I missed the Ellen show too but I am with you on this, Tommy- as long as the dog went to a good home why should the rescue care? And, given Ellen's history concerning animals you KNOW she would make sure the dog got a great home!

teri