Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sunday Babble

I had a busy day yesterday. First off, I went hunting for fall gourds and things for my friends restaurant. I already blogged some of the stuff I saw there last night. After that Micky and I headed for our next adventure. We went on the
The Kitchen Walk. This group is the Heartland Alliance for Human Needs and Human Rights.
There were six houses on the walk and the idea of the kitchen walk was a little different in reality that it was reflected in the literature I read on it in the paper. I mistakenly thought these were exquisite kitchens to view when it was about the food served in each kitchen. We are milling around the idea of updating our kitchen and I thought it would give me ideas, if not inspiration. It was set up like a house walk (but mostly we did have to get into the car to go to most). There was a local chef in the kitchen and each house had a different thing to eat. They were all great and very small portions (thankfully). Only one of the homeowners allowed pictures. This was the outside of it. It is actually an old converted warehouse.
As you can see there were lots of rail and stair. It was the main element on the first floor and was pretty much art in itself.
As is typical of most warehouse homes, it was a wide open space with no walls to break up the lower level.
This fixture was actually a light over a surgical table in a hospital at one time. This family loves to go to auctions and get all sorts of neat, odd pieces.

This particular home had Patty Panozzo as it's chef and Mick and I bought her cookbook. She served a wonderful fall stew with pumpkin in it. Yummy.

They had a gathering at the end of the walk where they had a wine tasting of wines from Spain, some Spanish cheese, nuts and fruit to chow down on. There was also a silent auction and this

painting was one of the things they auctioned off. We couldn't stay because we had another obligation to go and sell tickets for a Wine Tasting Festival in a town where Micky has an office and so we had to high tail it out of there as our stint was to be from 3 to 7 p.m. and it was already 3:15 ! We were a bit late because we had to pop into a art gallery to check out the local art.
These are two watercolors of girls that were propped under a table (it looks a bit odd in this picture) and I just loved the expression they captured.
These heads that were hooked onto re bar caught my eye as did lots of other stuff. We liked it so much, in fact, the we decided to go to a special artist show next Saturday night. Ya never know what is right around the corner !!!

G and I are taking off for Greenwich CT this afternoon (after golf, of course). I will keep in touch.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

hey tommy, you didn't tell me that you were using those photos of my gams on the blog!!! tan , trim, and goergous!!!miss ya, maggie z.!