Friday, October 19, 2007

TGIF

Our little Bella is sick. I took her to the doctor's office yesterday and they confirmed that she did indeed have an ear infection. I swear, her symptoms were odd compared to little kids, but I had no doubt in my mind that she had one. And, as is not the case with kids, Bella's medicine goes directly into her ear. I guess the type of dogs that have floppy down ears are prone to these infections due to the fact that their ears are perfect little breeding grounds for germs. I don't recall that Mazy ever had one. Now that I think of it, maybe in canines it is contagious and I have had Bella around dogs much more than I ever did Mazy. She takes her medicine for a week. It has sure slowed her down.

Am I gonna have to start leaving myself notes so that I can remember stuff? Last night I recall watching something on the news and I wanted to comment on it in the blog, and I can not remember a drop of what it was about. Not a drop. I hate getting old.

I have not had email for a couple days. It has an error notice everytime I try to send or receive. I have rebooted lots but it doesn't seem to help. So, having said that, if you are waiting for a critical response to something you wrote to me, it won't be coming your way any time soon.

Here's a doll I have made in the past because after I finish up the four quilts I have going, I am gonna see about getting back into making some dolls. .
She was a pattern and her name is 'Sewphie' and the first one I made was for my mother's studio and I gave it to her for her birthday. I have made a couple since and get quite a
kick out of dollmaking. Just one more thing that I don't get around to doing. Ya know, sleeping is very overrated.

Right next to the doll pic's was this picture of me and Alex Anderson. This is from 2003, I think. What is she doing now that she doesn't have her own show? I have lost all contact with the traditional quilting world. I used to watch Simply Quilts religiously.

7 comments:

Cindra said...

Cleo gets ear infections and she doesn't hang around other dogs. Check with your vet, I don't think it is a matter of smooching other dogs.. I think it is a function of the way the ear is constructed.

upnitestx said...

Alex Anderson is doing a web based show with Ricky Tims-The Quilt Show.
You have to join-inexpensive but then you can watch the shows anytime that is convenient for you for a year.

Mary Ann Littlejohn said...

Check her out at http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/ . She is doing webcast shows with Ricky Tims.

dee said...

PoorBaby. Give her a hug for me. The doll is really beautiful-you're so talented!

teri springer said...

Yeah- Kaiser gets them too. And he is NEVER around other dogs (he thinks they are snacks). He's due to get another one any time now as he has been ok all summer.....

teri

Mechelle said...

I clean my Cockers ears once a week w/water & vingar (50/50 mix) to keep ear infections away (vet told me to). I started when she was a baby so she doesn't seem to mind too much, she smells like a pickle head for a few hours after!

Anonymous said...

So Uglg.....................................................