Friday, November 09, 2007

Beigey

My website, http://www.tommysartquilts.com/ is finally up and running again. It has been down for over a week due to some domain nonsense.

I heard something on TV about a guy that was married to Danielle Steel and it vanished from my brain until last night when I thought about it and couldn't remember where I heard or read about this guy. So I googled Danielle Steel's husbands and WOW !! did I ever get info on the dame. I might have known this if I was a fan of her writings but I am not so had no clue as to her personal life. Here's just the tip of the iceberg.

* married five times and engaged to be wed for the sixth time to George Hamilton. One of her husbands was a serial rapist and pimp, another was an ex con and heroin addict, and another was convicted of involuntary manslaughter.
*has seven kids
*has had cancer and polio

On just reading a bit more about Danielle I realized that it was her last husband, Tom Perkins, who I had heard on 60 Minutes about his monster big state of the art sailboat. He also had something to do with Hewlett Packard.

I have finished one of the six pieces that I have been commissioned to do. This one is 6' x 5. Four of the pieces are to be the same size and I tried to start with those but it just didn't work. In fact, you can faintly see the yarn that is marking off the 37" x 41" size of those on the design

wall underneath the piece. Besides the size constraints I also have color limitations. The following is a list I can go by.

Almond
Rosy Brown
Saddle Brown
Sandy Brown
Goldenrod
Chocolate
Sienna
Indian Red
Tan
Lemon Chiffon
Wheat
Salmon
Beige
Pale Yellow
Bisque
Peach

Pretty doggone exciting, eh?

Speaking of dogs, Bella has Porta A Groom come today for a bath. Bella saw the van at a neighbors house and went crazy just by seeing it (or smelling; who knows?) so I gave the groomer a call and sure enough, she can fit her in. Because her normal grooming isn't due for another two weeks, I just decided on reacquainting Belly with her and then take up the monthly chore after the holidays. I am also going to find a doggie daycare for a once a week visit but this trip is too short to bother with so I will wait until after Christmas.

Regina comes today so I have to decide what to make with a couple rotisserie chickens. What sounds good?

3 comments:

dee said...

Everything you said was very interesting but all turns to blah blah in the face of a visit from Regina-
Seriously-chicken burritos??? quesadillas?? Make some Margaritas and who cares about the chicken.
Danielle's son & his wife are San Fransisco socialites that are feuding with the other kids in a major way. Vanity Fair had a great article about them not long ago. Last name Traina I think.

bonnie said...

What sounds good...oriental chicken salad, Ceasar salad wrap, Waldorf salad with chicken, chicken pot pie....geez I must be hungry....

Anonymous said...

You could use the chicken in Giada's tri color orzo salad. YUM! and gets better and better!
Pjn