Friday, November 16, 2007

Quilting-ly

It is almost nine a.m. and the weather here is definitely not Florida-ish. It is very very windy and 48°. Where did that come from? While I was preparing a delicious and economical meal in just thirty minutes last night I heard an immediate large noise and checked it out and it was pouring rain; out of no where. That must have been the beginning of the cold front. I have to put on socks!! The wind has brought down lots of coconuts. So far, no one has been in the back yard and therefore have not been injured.

This is what I have been up to.

Quilting. I am actually enjoying this. I have decided on a very architectural pattern for my quilting as I think it lends itself to the overall feel of the quilt tops. It takes a bit of time but

I really don't have to think much and hey, that's right up my alley. I am busy listening to 'The Historian' by Elizabeth Kostova. It's about Dracula and although I would have never picked it had I known the overall context, I am really enjoying it.
And I can always look and see my snoring friend if I get really bored!!!

1 comment:

teri springer said...

The sewing machine seems to have the same effect on Bella as the vacuum used to have on the kids when they were babies. Would not be MY choice to fall to sleep to but, what the heck, it works!

Can't wait to see what you have gotten done.

teri