Friday, December 07, 2007

Caffeine Buzz

I actually thought twice about blogging this. The main reason is because it is ridiculous, but lots of stuff I do would go under that heading and I do it anyway so here goes.

G and I were talking and I said that the only thing that I dislike about driving back and forth to Florida is the fact that it is almost impossible to get a good cup of coffee on the road. We are addicted to our single serving coffee maker made by Flavia. G drinks strong decaf and I drink mild caffeinated. Then G brought up a good point. I purchased a smaller Flavia coffee maker for the studio in Florida because it is in a separate building. Well, I never use it and that's mostly because I need to touch base on occasion in the house and so getting coffee is just as good an excuse as any. So, we put it in a shopping bag and brought it back up north, using it in the motel on the way.
I don't know why, but felt silly carrying the coffee maker into the motel room and thought that if it was disguised I would feel better about it.
Here is it's carrier. I made it out of the fabric used for lawn chairs. The top flap and one side flap are a continuous piece and are detatchable so that you can literally make coffee without taking it out of the bag. The bottom is reinforced by a piece of plastic that is covered with a cloth slipcover and then velcro'd onto the bottom. There is a pocket inside for the coffee packets themselves and another for sugar. It is packed and ready to go on the road at the end of the month.
I have to share this with you that my girlfriend sent me. Due to the fact that we are in wedding mode here, I tend to get lots of wedding themed emails and this is one of those. It's small and I couldn't seem to make it any larger on the computer so if forced to, get out a magnifier because honey, it's worth it!!!!

5 comments:

dee said...

That's hilarious Tommy. Thanks for the first really good laugh in a few days.

Mechelle said...

LOVE the invitation - I'm quite sure my MIL would have designed something like that for my wedding - hahahaha

Mrs. Mel said...

Hysterical!! And so REAL LIFE. Luckily it enlarges when you click it, so I didn't need my specs.

Jeri said...

That's a hoot! Thanks for sharing that wedding invite. I did laugh out loud!

Caity said...

ROFLOL! I think I was IN that wedding once....