Monday, December 10, 2007

Tardy

This morning is very odd. I didn't want to get up and as it is, I barely got out of bed in time to beat some trades that are coming here and still G and B are in the sack. It must be something in the air because I have a headache, which is rare. I have a painter coming to fix some water damage on a ceiling from a roof tear (we have a rubber roof), the guy to put the 3M film on our windows to cut down on the RUINING OF OUR FURNITURE BECAUSE OF THE SUN, and a plumber, to fix the kitchen faucet that has decided to spring a leak.

I have tons to show you but I simply don't have the time. I will get around to it tho', I promise. I can only take the time to show you one artist that thoroughly took my breath away at the One Of A Kind Show.

These boxes are made of wood but the insides are made with the concoction that is described above.
This is a general store of sorts and the size of these canned goods are about the size of a lentil bean. It's unbelievable at the small scale of these. They are truly amazing. Look at the detail on these hats in a hat shop. My arthritis is flaring up just thinking about it!!!
I had my 35 mm so that is the reason I got such a close up and clear picture of the doctor delivering the baby. See it's little head? These figures are about 1 1/2" tall if my memory serves me correctly. (Remember, I am suffering).
This is another scene in the same 'medical box' where the last pic was from. Here we have the chest opened up with some surgery going on. You could literally look at these for hours.
This vegetable stand appears to be $200 something. It is very small compared to some of them. I think the big ones were around $1900 but don't quote me on that.
There were tons of these and you can probably google the artist to find out more if you have the interest. I have the interest but right now, I don't have the time. This work is fantastic.

1 comment:

Owens Family Adventures said...

Those are so neat!!! If there was a quilting bee in there I may have had to bust the bank to buy it!
dawn