Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Computer Information Highway

I am going back to bridge classes. They start today and I am actually going to an intermediate class, mainly because that is all that is offered. I haven't played much except on my bicycle bridge computer game and I feel the need to get back into it. I have some girls coming in ten days or so for a visit and I have the feeling that they will want to play some bridge.

Yesterday Sandra commented on the fact that you can type in your phone number and get your address and even a map to your house. After reading that I tried it I and sure enough there it was complete with map. Yikes! I proceeded to remove my particulars and it said that it would take some time (48 hours) and I just checked this morning and it's still there. I proceeded to check all the biggest search engines and including Google, two had my information. I took it out but it takes up to 3 to 5 business days to remove the info. You click on somewhere in the address or name and you will get an option to remove your info and you complete whatever they ask you to do.

Alexa Internet
Ask.com (formerly Ask Jeeves) Had me
Exalead
Gigablast
Google Had me
Live Search (formerly MSN Search) Had me
Yahoo! Search

These are the engines I looked into.

In the USA Today they had the websites that you can watch tv shows on. I only have checked out two so far, Hulu and Fancast and it's amazing how many shows are there for you to watch.
www.Fancast.com
www.Hulu.com
www.Joost.com
www.Veoh.com
www.MeeVee.com
www.MySpace.com/primetime

You can literally sit at your computer all day and never be out of things to watch. I guess you know what I'll be doing!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the 411...How do you get them to remove information?

Wendy

Anonymous said...

Thank You for the privacy information!
Bee

QuiltingFitzy said...

Dh is all over www.zabasearch.com with phone #s. Then there's pretrieve.com and zillow.com
I think those are mostly from financials and credit apps, and sorry, I don't have an idea how to get it removed.

While they are an annoyance, they are GREAT for finding old neighbors and friends.