Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Float Your Boat

Our land phones haven't worked more that two days in a row since we got Comcast cable phone. I am not kidding you. It is a nightmare. They have been out to our house three times in the last week and are coming again today. The phones are so bad that because we don't get good reception on our cells (Verizion - one bar) we got another cell that works better here (AT&T) just so we could call Comcast. Now how crazy is that? They have cut up our yard, crawled through our attics, changed wires and modems and still I miss ten calls a day. I suggest that you don't do what we do if your cable company suggests the whole package which includes your land line telephone. Some things just don't work and aren't worth the pittance of a deal.

On our way to the Art Fair on Sunday I spied lots of new art that was by the water in what I think was Sarasota. I don't know where one town ends and the other begins.
There were about 15 or so large pieces by the water that I had never seen before. I didn't have my camera ready when I first saw them so missed most. I did manage to get this big tooth at a stop light. My guess is that it was made by a struggling dentist that couldn't decide whether to become an artist or a dentist. This embodies both at the same time.
When I first saw this I was confused and then realized that it was 'sculpture' outside a large group of office buildings. I couldn't get a picture on the way but the traffic lights enabled a shot on the way home. Hey, what ever floats your boat.
This was at the Art Fair. It is what I would describe as a metal 'quilt' It is very lovely and the color blend was wonderful. There were lots of artists that I see all over; several were just at the December 'One Of A Kind' show in Chicago. Even so, there is always something that I never saw before that catches my eye.
I find that what I do like often resembles quilts. These two pieces were done by an artist I had never seen before but there, once again, is that 'quilt' look. This photo was just taken so that I could steal the idea of this ridiculously expensive table runner that has those rings in it that I could duplicate for less than a quarter of the price. Hummm, table runners for Christmas?

4 comments:

Dale Anne said...

What you call a tooth.......I see an elephant.

Cindra said...

I saw an elephant, too! I think those cars saw an elephant and were trying to figure out what was going on and that's why there is now a car pileup.

I love the polka dots!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's a tooth people, someone had a molar extracted and the dental board decided to install it there.
As to the cars?!? My my, anywhere else, that would be a sign telling you the junk yard is just around the corner, though grossly exaggerated.

Del said...

Yep, it is a three legged elephant. He moved there so he could be with circus people.