Thursday, January 10, 2008

Stuff

Romantical. Do you think it is a word? I have heard Paula Deen say it on more than one occasion and thought she was making up a word (which I have done myself). Therefore I thought I would look it up and guess what? There were two results for romantical.

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary -
\Ro*man"tic*al\, a. Romantic.

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.


romantical: in CancerWEB's On-line Medical Dictionary

On-line Medical Dictionary, © 1997-98 Academic Medical Publishing & CancerWE

Now, after looking all this up, I am still not sure that it is a word. I guess because it didn't come up as 'no results found' (which, by the way, happens a lot to things I use in my vocabulary!) that it is, but it sure sounds like somebody made romantical up.

Today should be my last day hand quilting. I could say it is for sure but I am going to be gone for a chunk of the day and I'm not sure how long. Bella is going to a doggie daycare down here for the first time. My only concern is that they don't do any temperament check to see if she gets along with the other dogs. Because it is 40 minutes from home, I am gonna busy myself with shopping (way to sacrifice, right?) in the vicinity so that if she doesn't adjust well, I can go and fetch her. I need a place to put her when I want to do an all day thing and anyway, it's good for a dog to be around other dogs?

Oh another note, which is very spectacular here at the home front; Maggie found her wedding dress!!! We looked and looked and she was at the point that she wanted me to make it, when the new Spring line came out and there it was - the perfect dress for her. People have always said that you always have an 'it' dress and thankfully Maggie has found hers. Phew!

(p.s. When I went to spell check this, romantical came up as a wrong spelling.)

2 comments:

dee said...

I don't care if it is an actual word-it sounds Paula Deen Dumb. She turns into more of a cracker every day. I used to love her program and then she got famous and that catterwalling cackle of hers makes me cringe.
Hope all goes well with Bella the Beautiful.

J.P. said...

I say romantical all the time, but I didn't get it from PD. I think she's got some good recipes, but she's a bit too crazy for me. Do you ever watch Paula's Party? Yikes..