Friday, February 08, 2008

New Piece(s)

My new four part piece is finished and unnamed. As I said before each quarter is 24" square. It's waiting for a new sectional before it is hung so I had to take the picture of it on the exercise room floor and the angle is bad but you get the idea.


I had every intention on over painting it using fabric paint and thermofax stencils of circles I made but when it came right down to it, for my purposes (purely family room decoration) less is more.

Because I did make patterns, I intend (and in the very near future) to do this at least twice more; one for Maggie's office wall and another to do what I originally had in mind for the finishing.

10 comments:

Cindra said...

Love it. I can't wait to see it hanging over the new sectional. You will be posting a photo of that... right?

Mechelle said...

LOVE it - I hope you will also post a photo when it's on the wall...

Anonymous said...

Next time you make it, try leaving the small piecing out of the middle. I like the BIG graphics of it and that seems to detract. JMO! I love how you achieved transparency!

Anonymous said...

Another anon says: I agree with anon at 8:08am. Although, I would still like to see something else in that middle space, just not so many small squares...maybe big swirls?
Don't know myself what you could replace it with. Love the transparency effect too but I think just large transparent pieces won't 'cut' it either or will be too bland.

dee said...

looks great Tommy. I love the small bits-they anchor everything happening outside the middle. Lovely soft colors as well.

Anonymous said...

It is GREAT.
What you did in this piece stands on it's own as a clean design.
The small piecing in the center adds interest and another scale.
Everything works together.
It is one of those designs that will be more appreciated as time goes on. KS - you know who I am!

sistersoftheart said...

Love it! Can't wait to see the other versions of this. It almost has a seasonal/circle of life feel to it. Perhaps a name to reflect that? "Seasons in the Sun" for a piece of Florida art?

Candy said...

Neat neat neat!

Mrs. Mel said...

Neat as a pin and so well matched at the edges. Yummamente.

Mary Ann Littlejohn said...

I really like this one Tommy. The little piecing adds interest.