Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Windy City

We got all discombobulated this morning. First off, it was dark and wet when it should have been sunny and dry. Then the doorbell rang and with it came my new sectional. Such a busy morning. I had to unhook G's computer and rehook it. And now I have to go to bridge. I will leave you with a sage poem that I like to say that I wrote. I didn't, but I like to say it.


It's winter in Chicago
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.
Oh, how I love Chicago
when the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Chicago
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Written like somebody who's endured a few Chicago winters - although not recently! Can't wait to melt just enough to get on a plane heading south!
P.

Cindra said...

Don't forget to take photos of your sectional with the quilt above it.

spikemuffin said...

We're in Chicago. 12 degrees and nasty. You've got your timing down right!