Friday, March 07, 2008

Challenging

Here's some more of the challenge quilts that I started showing you a couple days ago.
See the circle in the upper left corner? It is actually a cut out and there are little moons dangling inside the circle. The center of the quilt was done with paper piecing rainbow fans.
This too looks like it is done in a style reminding me of Ricky Tims.
Florals are always popular especially with a rainbow thrown in for good measure.
You can see this work in two different ways. If you stare at it you can see circles.
This project is a combination of two challenge fabrics. The gradation one if from this year and the outside border fabric is from a challenge two shows ago.
I like the whimsy border.

This is a Sudoku quilt. Each nine patch has the nine fabrics and the circles in the center are fussy cut to be the same in each square.
This reminds me of a game too only I think it's supposed to be a compass due to the N, S, E and W.
This worldy creation has some bead work on it also.
This looks like a protective shield for a warrior.
There is a poem on this one but I can't remember what it's about.

Bella is going to Doggie Daycare and me and G are going out and about. I am guessing there will be some shopping and food involved in the day. It is sunny, windy and 71 ° at this very moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The challenge quilts are wonderful
As the Challenge co'-ordinator for Illinois Quilters, Inc. for many years I really appreciate a great challenge.
71 in FL?
Warmer than when we left yesterday.
It's a very crisp 10 degrees in WI today. Too cold for this FL snowbird! KS