Sunday, March 30, 2008

Enough ? Already

Today I will be gathering up lots of stuff; arty, quilty stuff, to take with me tomorrow in the morning when I head off to the other side of Florida to partake in the Focus on Fiber Retreat in New Smyrna Beach. I have no plan of what I am going to do or accomplish there. And more importantly, I don't care. It's a group of fiber artists that just get together and do whatever. If, all I want to do is flit around and gather some new knowledge, I will have made it all worth while. I was supposed to go last year but life got in the way, so I am going to try again. The best thing about it is that we have a chef to cook all our meals!!

So far, the list in my head, which should be down on paper reads: sewing machine, all sewing supplies including cutters, mats, scissors, pins, all attachments to the machine, iron, ironing pad, dyes, paints, brushes, thermofax screens, tons of hand dyed fabric, plain cotton and silk, my never used yet batik making kit (I just had to have five years ago). freezer paper, plain paper, fusible, tape, my coffee pot, coffee, wine, my bed pillow, and clothes. Hey, now I have a list! I can now fill in all the things I missed.

I am going to show you some more of the my guild's quilt show. Are you tiring of looking at so many quilts? I may just quit after this grouping. You can only take so much and I still haven't checked out what ones I have blogged to date. I figured that these were not cropped so I am fairly certain that I didn't post them yet.
This first one is a clamshell pattern. Each of those colored shells are made up of tons of small pieces. Check out this guy's attentiveness (must be the husband of the quilter).
This reminds me of a new age Baltimore.
I love the shape of these flowers. Very funky.
This quilt is beautiful with lots of detailed hand work on it.
When I look at this quilt I think of spring when I was a little girl.
For some reason I only took a detail of this quilt and not the whole work. That was a total mind fart on my part. Check out this exquisite machine quilting. I will never live long enough to even attempt doing this kind of work.
You know what I am gonna say now, don't you?
This one has great color selection and the mitered border looks like Jenny Beyer.
Remember a couple weeks ago when I showed you the girl that had on her dearly departed dad's blazer which she embellished? This is her equally fun and flirty quilt.
Absolutely beautiful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just be sure you look at your list and bring what's on it.
Night before last I dreamt I forgot ALL my cutting supplies.
I had to drive 1 1/2 - 2 hours home to retrieve them.
At least I woke up before I started the drive!KS

dee said...

You're all about the circles and dots..have fun. A chef to cook for you-that's my idea of a retreat. My cousin lives in New Smyrna Beach- her name is Dotty..Hah! Small world again.

Cindra said...

I love polka dots!!! But I love that last one the best. It just looks spring time fresh!

Anonymous said...

Keep the quilts coming. How can one be bored looking at fibre art?