Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Holy Cow

Remember this character? It's my brother Bill who had, up until last week, a hole in his heart.

I got this note from him (me and five hundred others) via email and thought I would share it with you. It made me smile.
Hello everyone,
As you all know I recently had an "appliance" deployed in my HEART. I was hoping for a toaster oven, but it seems to look more like a cocktail umbrella. I have supplied pictures.



Pictures 1 - 3 are the device in various stages of deployment.
This deployed pic is of the actual device in my actual heart.


Oh, by the way, I was also "desensitized" to aspirin while in the hospital. So now I can take one every day. So as a result of the procedure and aspirin I am off of the nasty coumadin.


For all of you who have expressed your love with gifts, thank you very much, I am sure there will be a place for you in heaven next to the old guy with the beard and the robe that lives in the sky.
For all of you who have yet to express your love with gifts, you know who you are, you might want to rethink your position.
Feeling stronger every day.
Bill

Ya gotta love him.

6 comments:

dee said...

Wow those pictures are so cool. What a great sense of humor he has-glad all went well. He seems like one of the really good guys!

teri springer said...

The weird sense of humour seems to run in the family......

teri

Anonymous said...

I've actually met your brother once or twice and what I do know for positive is that he has the most wonderful wife. She is a caring, loving person who always takes tender loving care, when he has any procedures. You can tell that heart is saying... I love her so much.

C said...

Am I supposed to send him something? He sure knows how to use guilt... what a hoot!

Anonymous said...

C
Yes. You probably should send him something. One shouldn't take any chances.

Anonymous said...

I have always loved a sense of humor...especially a sick sense of humor...and I see Bill is getting well and I would say, no longer sick,..but he is still "sick". I love it!!!!

xxx