Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wheel of Fortune

This is the recipe for

Hot and Spicy Pasta

16 shallots, sliced very thin 2 lb. farfalle pasta (bow tie)
1/2 c. olive oil 1 head garlic, roasted
8 oz. prosciutto, thin julienne 2 c. basil, chiffonade
2 qt. whole tomatoes, cut up 2 t. red pepper flakes
1 c. parmesan, grated

Saute shallot, garlic and prosciutto in oil until lightly brown. Add tomatoes and pepper flakes and reduce by half. Cook pasta and set aside. Finish sauce with basil and parmesan off the fire and toss with pasta. Check for seasoning.


That's it but I have a couple comments to make (surprise there!)
This is a recipe from my culinary school days and therefore is quite large. I never use all the pasta; it's just too much, but cook it and bag it for later with something else. You can freeze the sauce but don't add the parm or basil until you are actually going to serve it. I roast my garlic y taking a whole clove, cutting off the top just to expose some of the bulb and wrap it in foil and throw it in an oven (any temp you have going above 350°) for around an hour.

I made a local paper with my prize winnig bridge play.
Actually, if truth be known, the picture was in an article about the instructor, not me. Sad but true. I don't think I will count this as my fifteen minutes of fame. I think I will try out for Wheel of Fortune for that.

2 comments:

Cindra said...

Do you have your clubs and spades mixed together? It looks like a good run of spades in that hand!

dee said...

yum..what cards?