Monday, April 07, 2008

Happy Hookers

Yesterday morning I was at my wits end. Somewhere along the way I lost my memory card transfering from camera to computer. I spent two and a half hours looking for it. Because I am staying longer at the retreat than expected, I had to do a load of wash and guess where I found my card; yeah, I think you get it. Memory cards are washable!!!! By the time that fiasco was over, so was my desire to blog.

It's time to meet the hookers. Here we have Rosalie, trying to finish up a rug for her great grandson.

As you can probably see, it's an alphabet rug.
Marian is a doll too and here she is working away.
Remember the wool I showed you a couple days ago that was dyed? Here it is being hooked into a sunset coaster. It's amazing. It makes me want to take it up as yet another craft.
Here are some things that our "Happy Hookers" have made in the past that we brought to share with the rest of us. This piece is of Janet's dearly departed dog Kipp and there is a picture of him in the corner.

Here is a purse made out of a melted 78 record used as the bottom with
hooking and beading making up the top of the bag.


Here is a small hooked rug.
This is a sampler rug.
This is a start of some wonder that Marian is doing while here.
Marian purchased a wool sweater that she felted and made into yet another bag. She placed
the monogram that was on the sweater as the bottom.
Here is another felted purse. Each one of these are lovelier than the next.

Today is our last complete day. We are scheduled to leave sometime tomorrow morning. I am planning on returning next year.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow!! Great things they're working away on! And I'm right there with ya...contemplating diving into the hooking. I think it's great...it's calling me every time I see a rug! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

We want to see YOUR work from the retreat Tommy.

QuiltingFitzy said...

What a great retreat! Such variety.

I just purchased a frame and designed my first pattern to begin wool rug hooking. I can't wait!