Sunday, April 13, 2008

I Got Crabs

About a month ago I was walking Bella and ran into my next door neighbors walking their little Yorkie. One thing led to another and we ended up making a date to go with them to a wonderful Chinese restaurant that they discovered. They picked us up for dinner at 2 p.m. (mind you, they are well into their eighties) and off we went. When we pulled up into a strip mall a half hour later I was wondering what strip mall would house both 'The Great Wall Buffet' which we had just passed, and a quality Chinese restaurant? I'm sure you figured it out already. The great place and the Great Wall were one in the same. Two things that are not on my list of places I like to go - any type of buffet and any Chinese restaurant, not liking rice and all things that touch it. I survived and frankly, it wasn't as bad as I had conjured up in my head. So, not complaining whatsoever, guess where we are going to dinner today (I would say tonight but that just doesn't happen here) and guess with who? I say no more.
Gordon was at Sam's Club (he goes for the free samples; I kid you not) and called to tell me he came upon these frozen soft shell crabs and knowing how I just love soft shell crab I said, yeah, lets give em a try.
There are six to a box (never did ask how much it cost but if it was costly G would have said) and two for a serving size are 170 calories. That's total calories. Not bad at all. They are packaged in little trays that are vacuum sealed.

They pan fry up in three minutes and are wonderful. I wonder if the calorie count takes into account that the directions say to deep fry or pan fry? I ate four; they are small.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One word: Yuck!

Maggie said...

Wow. Those look so good; I am completely jealous!