Thursday, May 22, 2008

American Idol Got It Right!!!

I literally woke up with a smile on my face and thought of David Cook. It was almost a tragedy last night when I was watching the finale of AI when my tv (which was recording) stopped at 9 p.m. as Ryan Seacrest was saying the winner. I think he actually said David and a note came on my screen that the scheduled recording was complete and then my screen froze. Luckily we have more than one tv and I got to see the very gracious David Cook take the Idol crown. I was somewhat shocked. Even tho' I said from day one that the winner would be either David Cook or Michael Johns, the acclaim for David Arch with his teenie bopper fan base was over the top. I even think the finale was geared to DA's winning. The best man won. I have to say that I am a sucker for a rock star rather than a crooner.
This early photo of DC shows what a little help from a stylist can do for the looks of a guy who went from just okay to good looking. Did you know that he wasn't auditioning for Idol when he went to the auditioning location? He was there for moral support for his brother and when they were talking to the brothers on tape, Seacrest (or somebody) told him to give it a go; it's a good thing he came along for the ride!!!

2 comments:

Cindra said...

Little David just didn't seem to have any personality. Maybe it was due to an overbearing father, but he just seemed like a pretty voice, but nothing else.

Anonymous said...

My DVR did the same thing! Off at 9 p.m. I heard David . . . Cook . . . and then BAM. No tears, no celebration, just me going "what"?