Monday, May 26, 2008

Chai Latte?

I just got up. Bella and I made ourselves get out of bed. We had the yearly get together where we all come back from wherever we wintered to see each other last night; that means we went overboard in eating and drinking. We officially rang in the summer. It was lots of fun.

My sister Mike made up her mind this past week or two that she wanted to get a dog. She has had them in the past but not for a very long time. Her criteria for her choice included, but not limited to: small, non shedding, at least five months old and not a Bichon, which just about everyone in our family has. After we went onto various websites she found her girl and picked her up Saturday.

She is one of what they call a 'designer' dog. Here is the bundle of joy who Mike named Chai, due to the fact that she is half Shitzu and half Bichon. She a delight; not scared at all and is six months old. She seems to me to be much more Shitzu than anything else. She is low to the ground with short legs but in this next picture she

Looks much more like a Bichon. I can even see a wee bit of a resemblance between her and her
older cousin Bella. They are to meet next weekend. That should be interesting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie! Love the coloring.

Cindra said...

Her name seems to fit her perfectly.

Anonymous said...

What a doll. She looks very shitsu rather than bichon. I hope your sister is in heaven loving her new gal; I know that I would. How is she sleeping through the night?
b

Mary Ann Littlejohn said...

She looks a lot like one of my Shih Tzus, Ginger. Her nose looks more Malty and the fur is fluffier than most Shih Tzus. She looks like a wonderful cuddle.

They are so much fun.