Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

For some reason I have always felt that Mother's Day and Father's Day were Hallmark Holidays. Well, I am here to tell you that they are not; at least Mother's Day is legit. Here is an article about the Mother's Day movement through history.
http://www.theholidayspot.com/mothersday/history.htm

Closer to home, I find myself wondering what to do on this day with my sisters, Peter and Maria, two dogs, G, and an ugly, rainy day. Suggestions? I know that hitting the dollar store is one for sure thing that we are going to do.

I got this magnificent rosemary plant from Maria. She had one of them herself and it thrived for a year until she left Peter home while she went to care for her parents and he neglected to water it; causing it's demise. She now has a new one and so do I.

Have a great day all you mom's.





No comments: