Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Couples

I need help thinking of recognizable couples (one male - one female rather than say, Siegfried and Roy); both real couples and those thrown together by a movie( Sly and Dolly) or an illustrator (Micky and Minnie). I have come up with the following and would welcome your additions:
Sonny and Cher
Charles and Diana
Ike and Tina
Fred and Wilma
Lucy and Ricky
Anthony and Cleo
John and Yoko
Pebbles and Bambam
Adam and Eve
Iman and Bowie
Christie Brinkley and Billy Joel
Rhett and Scarlett
Carrie and Big
Herman and Lily Munster
Ken and Barbie
Harold and Maude
Elvis and Priscilla

Also, do any of you know why sometimes I lose my Google homepage that I specifically made (with weather, artist of the day, etc)? Sometimes I have to start all over and I don't understand why. It's when I reboot but so what? It shouldn't do that and it doesn't always.
I was clearing out room in a display cabinet the other day to make room for my Mother's Day gift from Maggie. Isn't it adorable? It's a wired soft sculpture of a oyster shell and a pearl. I just love it and wanted to create an adequate space for it. I decided to take out some books and move them down to the library case in a guest room. Within this pile of books I noticed
this one that I thought I had misplaced a long time ago. It was written by my dearly departed friend Patty.
Here she is on the back jacket of the book that she self published. She wrote the book in 1997 and it was re released in 2000 and she was very proud of it. She died of a heart attack in 2002, just a year and a half after her wonderful husband died of cancer. This is kind of like a legacy for them because they had no children. I think of them everyday.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rocky & Adrianne
Seal & Heidi Klum
Oprah & Steadman
Tom & Katie
Raymond & Debra
Archie & Edith
Boris & Natasha

Anonymous said...

The Kramdens and the Nortons (Honneymooners)
Superman and Lois Lane
Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara (you had Brett)
Cinderella and Prince Charming

pjn

Jeri said...

Did you include Brad and Angelina?
Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton
Pebbles & Bam Bam or Fred and Wilma Flintstone? (ok, those are cartoon couples)
John & Yoko
Paul & Linda
Maria & Arnold

Anonymous said...

Mariah & Nick

xxx

dee said...

Homer & Marge
Pinky & the Brain
Bonny & Clyde
Fred & Ethel
Jane Eyre & Mr. Rochester
Bridget Jones & Mark Darcy

Anonymous said...

Robin Hood & Maid Marian
Lancelot & Guinevere
King Kong & Faye Wray
Shrek & Fiona
Mary & Joseph
Rob & Laura Petrie
Ozzie & Harriet Nelson
Ward & June Cleaver

Irene said...

Fred & Ginger
Prince Rainier & Grace Kelley
Lancelot & Guenivere
Sonny & Cher

Cindra said...

Bill and Hillary... how could you forget them?

Gayle from MI said...

How about:
Boggie and Bacall
Tracy and Hepburn