Monday, June 30, 2008

Kitchen Stuff

I spent Sunday doing absolutely nothing but sitting on my rump and cutting out 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" rectangles while watching movies. I completed 'Before the Devil Knows You're Dead', 'The Last King of Scotland', 'Miami Vice' and started 'Man of the Year' but hate Robin Williams in anything but 'The World According To Garp', finding his humor repulsive. I was watching 'Continental Divide' but fell asleep waiting for G to get back from the White Sox game. I still have it in the queue so I will finish it up today.

The kitchen is shaping up nicely. This is the shot of the wall of cabinets that used to be just a wall in the hall leading to the garage. The mirrored door is the garage door. Speaking of that, what's with the mirror? Every time I go out to the garage for something, I have to look at how crummy I look. It was there when we bought the house and to take it off we would ruin the door. I'm not that picky on how I look!

After they put in the counter top with the holes for the garbage, they could put in the book shelf for some of

my cookbooks. It makes such a difference in floor space and counter top space. Before I had cookbooks lining my counters and had no place to work. It almost looks like my kitchen is naked; I freed up so much space.
Instead of everyone that enters the house asking me which is for trash and which is for recycling, I took the lead from G and took little cans of tomato paste, removed the label and made my own laminated label to mark the spot. How clever is he!!!!!!
We also had this appliance garage put in underneath an upper cabinet. It can (and does) house some commonly used items that need electrical power and therefore sits out to be used. Let's see, the panini press, the toaster and the scale are currently living in it. I am still in the auditioning stage of drawer contents and placement of things. I have yet to get the feel for my new space. It is all very exciting!!!!

2 comments:

dee said...

love your new space but know what you mean. It takes a while to get used to new digs. We are doing a major overhaul of the bedroom and kitchen starting as soon as we can find a general contractor. I'm dreading the trashing of the house but looking forward to having a wood floor instead of carpet in the b-room and appliances from this century in the kitchen. Love the idea of the recyling center. Didja miss me? I was in cyber hell for two weeks. Still shaking from withdrawl.

Cindra said...

I missed you Dee!
Tommy, the kitchen looks wonderful and love the trash/book center. It seems you have a place for everything!