Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Let Them Eat Fish

What a pleasant surprise we got yesterday when a massive box was delivered to us by UPS. The box itself had to be 36" square and after lots of layers of packing popcorn (the hated packing popcorn) and a few inner boxes that were protecting this

lovely fish vase. It was accompanied by a card, thanking G and me for the visit they made down in Florida. Now, this visit started as I drove across the state to my artist retreat and ended the day before I returned home. It was a simple visit for me, considering I wasn't even there!!!! In all fairness to myself, the husband of the couple is a guy that Gordon works with and the menfolk did the invite so I feel justified in taking off. Oh, plus, we didn't know they were coming until I had already left the house for my trip. There were false alarms as to a visit from up east but we didn't actually think it would come to be. And to think that my new bedroom is the perfect match for this vase. They must have been reading my mind!!! I just started the furnishing and decoration of the new room and this vase will come in quite handy!!

4 comments:

Beth in TN said...

Love the beds and the bedcovers! Who is the manufacturer on the beds, do you know? I've been looking for something simple yet sophisticated like that for ages!!

Anonymous said...

Love everything about that room, colour, style, taste. I find it quite funny that you couldn't resist the circle patterns on the bedding. Fabulous.

Del said...

I'm not much into fish, except salmon on a plank, but that is a wonderful vase. What thoughtful guests you have.

Cindra said...

It's a shame they missed the pleasure of your presence. What a thoughtful and beautiful gift! It will look wonderful in that room.