Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Skinny Bitch

I am busy downloading books on tape because finally I listened to all twenty that I did the last time I was in this mode and it gives me time to read while I am waiting for the little sound that marks the end of a cd download. I received this book from my darling Cindy, who I see every day that I go to my fitness center. I was gabbing with her (with which I have cornered the market) and mentioned that I have given up diet pop (diet mountain dew to be exact) and she started to tell me about this book that she thinks she still has and wants me to read. She said that I will look at things totally different after the read.

Well, I got the book mid last week and read a bit on my own, plus orally read a chapter to my weekend guests. When I read it out loud it was kinda funny.
I could put emphasis on the crass words (tit, snot, pig, slob, etc.) but upon tackling the book on my own for the last two days of leisure, I just don't like it at all. I know that there are all sorts of vicious and horrible things we put in our bodies but frankly, I don't want to know about it. Just like Diane Keaton in Baby Boom, I don't care where the water comes from; I just want it there when I turn on the tap.

Skinny Bitch takes out all dairy, meat, sugar, anything white, alcohol and caffeine from your diet. It's crude and negative about everything. Frankly, I have no desire to be a vegan or totally transform my diet. I eat well (by MY STANDARDS - not this book's) and will continue to make the right choices (most of the time). If I had to have a body shape of America Ferrera or Madonna I would choose the former. There comes a time when to much is just that; too much. I'm glad I read the book tho'. I will continue to not take myself quite so seriously. Do I want to live to 100 and in Depends? Nah.

4 comments:

dee said...

I am bitter with dissapointment that you will not be joining me in your golf cart and me in my scooter. I've got a little Thelma & Louise do a cliff dive into eternity scenario going. If you're going to kill yourself by eating actual food-I shall have to seek out another partner.....Cindra???... Oh Cindra....

Anonymous said...

Tommy, I've read this book too and I agree with you 100%. Aloha, Nic

Michelle said...

Those were my exact thoughts when I read that book!! Glad I am not alone!!

Cindra said...

I have only heard about the book and I am not interested. When I was a toddler I used to strip off my diapers so I know as a senile adult I would do the same, so for sure I don't want to live to be 100 and wearing depends.