Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Super Size Me

There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day. Life seems to be interferring in my blog posts. It's pretty much timing with me. If I have to do something early in the morning now, (which is pretty common) and I don't blog the SECOND I get up, it doesn't get done. And weather for me has a lot to do with my schedule. If it's to be hot, I need to get the physical stuff done before the heat of the day sets in. Enough about that.

Now to the topic of the day; is BIGGER better? Speaking of that, I need to get back and see Sex in The City again. I digress. I have purchased two cars with the promise that I can use my phone on speaker (bluetooth) and have yet to do it do to the fact that my phone is also a Palm (Treo). So I finally had to bite the bullet and get a regular phone.

I chose a razor Motorola due to its compact feel. I will now have what my friend Micky has; a Palm phone that the phone is non working and another phone. How ridiculous does that sound? But I have had to succumb to that if I want hands free talking in the car. In Chicago it is the law; you have to converse hands free or forget using the phone. And what makes matters worse is that all the info in the Palm (my schedule and date book since the late ninety's) is useless to me and I will have to enter all phone numbers etc in the new phone.
G has the iPhone and is not complaining about it but I am just not ready for something so high tech. Check out how much smaller the new phone is as compared to the old one.
Also paring down in size is a Lake Michigan magazine, Shore. It has gone from the large Life Magazine size that it was in the spring, to a much more user friendly Family Circle/Woman's Day size. 'Member when most magazines were big and now they are pretty much all small? So that old saying, bigger is better; what say you?

2 comments:

Cindra said...

I was not aware of this new law in Chicago. EEk! I am going there next week. Stretch will have to the driving in the Chicago area, not that my phone rings that much, but still. It does make sense.

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our society, and I am fairly certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.

I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory falls, the possibility of downloading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could experience in my lifetime.

(Posted using SerVo for R4i Nintendo DS.)