Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Golf Garb II

I just finished posting these pictures on the blog yesterday and the Internet shut me down. I had several error messages, that might as well have been in Latin for all the good they did me. It came back up sometime in the afternoon after lots of false starts but by then it was past the point of no return. I was well into my day by then.
Once again, our team at PubStumpers came in last place and we all got a calendar as our consolation prize, all from years past. I chose this 2006 calendar due to it's possibility as an art vehicle. The first owner started out Jan 1st with high origami hopes but these were dashed by Jan 19th when all the remaining instructional day at a time sheets went untouched. This will probably be the case with me too. I did leaf through a bit and some of the origami is very cute and possible. We shall see.
As I have said in the past, except for food and libation, Six Hole golf is all about the outfits. In keeping with that idea, check out these maryjane golf shoes that I just had to have. Aren't they adorable? They look much smaller than the size 6 1/2 that I wear but believe you me, they fit like butter. I am tentative about wearing them tho'. I don't want to muss them up.
A catalog came along with them and I was checking out some of the other choices. This style is even cuter than the one I got, but it wasn't an option and now I can't justify more than four pair of golf shoes; what with not liking to play and all.
These ones are so stylish that you could wear them to homecoming or some short cocktail type of get together. I sent the catalog to my golf nut friend Nancy, in California, thinking I actually knew something about something golf that she didn't know. Wrong. She already has a pair and even went as far to inform me that this brand, Sandtrappers, is a cheaper knock off of another brand, Walter Genuin, who's shoes run $200-$300. There is a lot about golf I don't know, and how to play is one.

Speaking of golf, I have been invited to be a guest for 9 hole guest day tomorrow but the best part of it is that there is a pre party tonight!!!! I just love a party!!!!

1 comment:

Irene said...

I love the shoes you got - like them much better than the others. Who knew you could get cute golf shoes - that alone is good reason to take up the game!