Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mutiny

I was so looking forward to another year with G's college roommates (and their spouses) coming for the annual get together and the second annual Barsi Olympics (Barsi was the street that they lived on at school, way back when). The weekend was to start yesterday. Yeah, I agree; it's a long weekend but every year we don't part without picking the weekend for the next get together and we always wish the visit was longer. Wednesday through Sunday is a sizable weekend and about all I can take. Couple 1 emailed me that instead of coming after work on Wednesday, they were coming around 10 or 11 this morning. Then Couple 2 informed me that they both had to leave for a short time during the weekend and that one leaving entailed bringing back a 13 year old for the remainder of the visit. Yikes. As you might imagine, I am so past that. And yes, you are right, it's a second marriage. Couple 3 called yesterday in the morning to inform me that the female part of the couple broke her collar bone and therefore can't make it. If it's not one thing, it's another.

So here I am, waiting for my company (Couple 1) to wake up and for Couple 2 to arrive. Barsi Olympics is starting to resemble Munich. Maybe I should boycott.

I am a member of SAQA , which stands for Studio Art Quilt Associates. This is the second year that they are having an online auction. Lots of the members have donated 12" square little wall quilts for this auction to raise money for the organization.

This is my contribution, entitled "Kanes" (my maiden name). If you are interested in viewing this online auction just click on this link and have a great time perusing the site.


1 comment:

candiedfabrics said...

Ooh, that's lovely! I love how the neutral background makes the bits of color pop!

Candy in CA