Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday Ramblings


Because it is hard for me to post without a picture, here is a picture of some roses that I like to look at and now, so can you.

I have to rethink using the train as my mode of transport this summer. I know that gas prices are out of sight but if something could go wrong on a train, it happens when I am on it. Yesterday, as I was buying my round trip ticket, I noticed that there were lots of big buses sitting there, empty. I assumed a big group of people were getting off the train and needed to be transported somewhere else. I was wrong. The buses were for me and all the other patrons waiting to go to Chicago. It ended up that there was maintenance being done on the track so we were bused to a stop twenty minutes away. That in itself wouldn't have been too bad but we had to wait for the train and all those people got off, with kids and luggage and you get the picture. Forty five minutes later we were on the train.

Returning at night, after a Cubs game, is not the perfect scenario either. Wow, you would think that the beer was free for all that must have been consumed. Even the drunks were complaining about all the noise. And there's me, all by my lonesome, in matching earrings and shoes, trying to keep my skirt down and staying on my side of the bench seat.

The trip was well worth it. We got so much accomplished that I wouldn't have believed it. And of course, it's always fun to spend time with Maggie. Because the college roommates (and spouses) are coming on Wednesday for five days, I decided to have an open weekend with not a sole sleeping over (except for G's brother, but he doesn't count; he's like wallpaper). I am hitting an Art Fair and cleaning up the studio. Maybe I will give Bella a bath. The world is my oyster!!!! Have a great weekend!

No comments: