Sunday, August 10, 2008

Amy Finley; Where Are You?

Every now and then I think of crazy things and yesterday, for some reason (I actually know the reason) I couldn't get the obvious void of Season 4's Next Food Network Star in any programming. Amy Finley was her name and although I didn't think she was any good, I still wondered what happened to her because after doing a few shows, she disappeared. Well, thanks to Google, I found out what's up with Amy. If you go to this click
you can scroll down and read the rather lengthy explanation. She doesn't say what ever happened to her husband and her lack of mentioning him or having him on the 'at home' visit or lack of wedding on the later shows but using my private investigating skills, I read (could be a falsehood; I don't want to start rumors !) that he gave her the ultimatum of him or the show. Hell, I'd take the show in a heartbeat.

Check out Bella's little cousin Chai.


After my sister Mike dropped her off at the groomer she got a call asking permission to shave her.

I have been informed that when she is at doggie daycare, the other dogs are constantly licking her. What's up with that? Because she has that very fine baby hair, it mats easily. Hence, the new look. I think she looks precious. And yes, Irene, it does remind me of my old gal Mazy's 'do' that was so hideous that she had to start wearing dresses out of shame. Mike is walking her under the cover of darkness for the time being.

G and I are going to Alabama for a couple days to be with our darling DIL Maria in her time of grief at the passing of her dad on Thursday. He apparently had a stroke in the yard and died quickly. He was 85 years old. I didn't know him well; I only met him at the wedding but he was a character, that's for sure. He will truely be missed.

6 comments:

Irene said...

Poor Chai - looks like the same haircut that poor Maizy got when she was embarassed to be seen in public without a dress on!

Irene said...

I must have logged on this morning before you had actually finished writing. I'm so sorry to hear about Maria's Dad - I was just thinking last weekend that Maggie & her were the two prettiest girls at the shower - and both in the same colour! My sympathy to Maria and her family.

Denise said...

I lurk, but read every day.
I just wanted to send hugs Maria's way on the passing of her Dad.
It doesn't matter how old you are, you are always Daddy's Little Girl and whether you are in the same room, the same state or the same country - just knowing he's a phone call away makes everything OK. His passing will leave a hole in her heart that will take a long time to heal.
Blessings to her (and the rest of the family) in this time of sorrow.

dee said...

I'm so sorry to hear of this. It's good that you're going there to hug the beautiful Maria. Family is such a rich comfort at these times.

Cindra said...

I am so sorry to hear about Maria's father. I am glad you will be with her.

Anonymous said...

My sympathies to your family on Maria's Dad's death. I remember her wedding pictures and how lovingly she looked at him while they danced.
One could just see how much she loved her Daddy.
Take care of Maria.