Monday, August 18, 2008

Hanging Around

I have finally hung my new paintings in the kitchen. It was not something I was looking forward to so I put it off and put it off.
Just thinking of figuring out where to place the 32 nails was enough to put me onto another project. In the end, necessity won, because I needed to use the table that they were on. They were done for me my my friend Melody
and I think that they turned out great. I had to remove this quilted piece that originally was on that wall because my new pieces needed more space than I had elsewhere. I still wanted to hang it up so I found the perfect spot for it. It was done by my old and now disbanded bee, The Material Girls. Each of the members made a block and I am very fond of it.

9 comments:

candiedfabrics said...

Ooh! I wondered where those were going to, and turns out to be you! They look smashing hung up like that - and the cool thing is you can switch the layout whenever you feel like a new perspective - something right up my alley!

Deelish!

Candy in CA

Mrs. Mel said...

Wow! They look great! I am thrilled and will have to blog this tomorrow!

Cindra said...

OMG! You bought the Mel paintings we've all been watching!!! They look fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

Somehow I knew that you were the owner of these paintings, just knew from the start. They look fabulous hanging, very 3D. I think you need to give them more of a special display 'platform' though. That cupboard needs to be cleared of those thingys...pig(s) and all!

Anonymous said...

Ok, went back and took a look at the enlarged picture. The pigs are kind of cute and 'could' stay but I think the pictures still need an undistracted 'platform'! I'm outta words, off to bed.

Suze said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suze said...

When I saw the first picture come up...I said to myself - 'I know I have seen those paintings - those look like the ones on Melody's site..OMG - they ARE them'! Wow...you are the lucky owner...they look splendid on your wall...

dee said...

when I looked at Mel's blog and saw the little pigs I wondered if you were the commission recipient. They look fabulous! How cool.

Irene said...

They look great and so do the pigs. Don't change a thing!