Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Treasure Island

There is a lot of planning and work that go into having a fun and coordinated event but when it all goes together like clock work, it's worth every bit of it. I have lots to show you in pictures of last night's event and I will start today with the outfits.


These gals have been a fixture in Six Hole Guest Day. They are always up for anything.
Check out the parrot. It was a wonderful idea of a costume. I would have never thought of it.
This group of pirates include the mom, Mugs (left) and two of her daughters sandwiched in between a pal, Kate.
These babes chose the island in Treasure Island and they are indeed treasures, believe me!!!!!
Ann brought along her daughter and some cousins/nieces and they decided to accessorize with Treasure Island grocery store bags as vests. Very clever.
Julie's daughters decided to join their mom for the event. Can you tell which one is the mom?
There are lots of daughters this year. Joining Kathy in the center is her daughter Beth. You can really see the resemblance.
Wow, these gals look like real pirates!!!! Shiver me timbers !!!!
It appears as though these pirates and the ones above shopped at the same booty store!!!
I am thinkin' that someone in this group raided a costume trunk, because the props seem so authentic.
These girls are as follows: Sunken Chest (I think you can figure out her prop), Sea Cook (the original first title of the book Treasure Island), Captain Cook, and last but certainly not least is Regina, with Pirate Booty (with a little accentuating in the derriere' area.
Can you tell that these mates are all crazy sisters? Well they are and they are loads of fun.
This is my favorite group out of them all. They chose to come as checkers at the Treasure Island grocery store. It is a Chicago area grocer. How clever is that? It never occurred to me to do something like that.
When golf was all over and we went in to have dinner we were surprised with the wait staff, joining in on our fun.

This concludes the costume part of guest day. More to follow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual, you really know how to have fun! Can't wait to see the food served!

pjn

dee said...

As usual Regina is a scream! That's a mighty booty she be sportin'. You all look pretty darn yarrr. I believe I'll put on my eye patch and have a drink. The term "half blind" takes on new meaning and now I'm gonna stop with the pirate lingo...kay?

Cindra said...

I love all the costumes and the fact that everyone participated. I bet the wait staff there loves your group!