Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Oh, My Man, I Love Him So

I haven't blogged for a couple days and that's because I just didn't feel like it. I was following that same line of thinking this morning when a very interesting article in the paper came my way, via G:
He Can't Commit.
There was a study done by the National Academy of Sciences (my Alma mater) that links men who are more than likely to be devoted and loyal husbands if they are missing a particular variant of a gene (allele). This variant is present in 2 of every 5 men, with the risk of marital discord and divorce and it also appears to predict whether women involved with these men are likely to say their partners are emotionally close and available, or distant and disagreeable.

My thought on all of this? Testing for this should be a requirement!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could have told you its all in the jeans!
pjn

Sheila in Ohio said...

re: alma mater
I always thought you were honorific!