Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie

I have been told that I make a perfect chocolate chip cookie. I am going to share my secret with you. I use the recipe on the back of the package of Tollhouse Chocolate Chips. I follow it to the letter. Then I seal it in a bowl and refrigerate it for at least 24 hours. When you are ready to bake them I suggest you let it sit at room temperature for a bit so it's easier to use. The colder it is the longer it takes to cook.

I use a golfball sized scoop and I make the bottom flat and put the exact amount of dough everytime. That makes for a more uniform size. Then I lightly and I do mean lightly, sprinkle with the balls with sea salt.



Then I bake and voila'; perfect cookies everytime. I just so happened to make 33 dozen in the last two days. They will be gobbled up by fellow chocolate chip lovers at a gathering that you will be made aware of only after it is over. Very sad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mind boggling! How does one make 33 dozen cookies? I am imagining that your 'dozen' is different from the one I was taught!!! That is almost 400 cookies (if my calculater did that correctly...LOL).

Thanks for the tip on how to make them perfect. I am such a sloppy cookie maker. Drop them with a spoon and use the said spoon to flatten them a bit, the oven does the rest. Now I'll start making all my cookies like yours.

Soooo, we are to be left out of the secret event? So so.

Anonymous said...

I think it is a surprise party for her brother, but please don't tell anyone

pammyfay said...

I have got to try your method! When I first read the "sea salt" part, I thought "She's been drinking!" But just by coincidence, a friend made oatmeal-raisin cookies and put some sea salt on top and what a difference--a little saltiness to blend with the sweet. Yum! Yes, Tommy--you always seem to add the perfect touch! Smooches to Bella the Beauty.

Irene said...

We're dying for some wedding pictures please! Hope all their dreams come true.

Richard said...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE WEDDING POST. WEDDING OF THE DECADE!!!!!!!!!!!