Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Presto Pesto

The screened-in porch is gettin' pretty crowded at this time of year. I have five days to go to marry off my daughter and what time of year is it?
Pesto time. The crop is ready and waiting and if I don't do it now, it will be too late and I will have to resort to store bought and that just isn't gonna happen. So, half the basil is washed and drying on towels and I am de-leafing the rest to harvest my crop. There is no give aways this year. I waited too long to purchase more so I am just making up what I harvested myself and so the amount I am gonna make is way down. I keep telling everyone I supply with pesto that I can show them how to make it but the always decline. Maybe now they will change their mind and take me up on the lesson !!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see the ants are still enjoying the table view! I'm hoarding my pesto in the freezer and using it sparingly knowing its all I'm gonna get! YUM! Maybe next year I'll grow some basil and do it myself??

Pjn

Anonymous said...

I too am hoarding my pesto so I say next year we combine a quilting weekend with a pesto making marathon. Add a little wine and we are having a great time!

AMJ