Thursday, September 04, 2008

Retail

I went for my fitting for the dress I am to wear to Maggie's wedding. As I said before, it kinda had to be undone to get me into it and so, with heavy head, I went to the store, thinking that I might be chastised. What seemed to be a trying time wasn't at all. They were as nice as can be; told me they could take it out and for me to come back next week. I have a mammogram next week anyway so it's no big deal. Five minutes; five minutes, I was there and have been mildly stressing about it for two months. But then, they did let me buy a dress that really didn't fit me and they said it was okay, so? Did I stop at Dunkin for a cruller upon leaving, you ask? Nope; thought about it but decided to be a good girl. I went with the nectarine I took with me.

I went to the sale of all sales at Joann's on Monday after the kids left. It was mega with the notions wall 50% off and then a 10% overall coupon for regular and sale items alike. I went for the stuff for the wedding programs but came home with a lot more stuff than that!!!
These containers were on sale. It is a new line of stuff that Joann's is carrying; storage solutions. This stuff is made out of recycled newspaper. If you look closely at the newsprint,
you can easily notice that it isn't in English but some Asian characters. Cute stuff. And speaking of recycling,
my SIL Claudia pointed out these place mats made from recycled stuff from CB2 (Crate and Barrel 2) and due to the fact that I was practically going by, I went in and ended up with these. I actually went in to check out this new grouping of dishes in general and the glassware that goes with it in particular. You can scroll down and see the glasses. In person, which is what I was afraid of, the glasses have too much on them, practically obscuring anything that is in the glass. The idea is darling but it's one of those things that you have to see in person. Plus, the bowl is too big. Picky, picky, picky.

No comments: