Sunday, October 05, 2008

Inny/ Outty

This is the third day after my surgery and the first time I could sit in a chair, bending at the waist. I have had a hernia on my navel as far back as I can remember and now I don't. I ask you, is an 'inney' belly button worth this? Kidding, of course. I am guessing it is the age but I got flattened by this outpatient surgery and pretty much have stayed in bed. G is going to the White Sox game this afternoon (I insisted) so I have to be up and about and typing is my first step. Baby steps. It's funny but my fingers aren't working too good this morning. I am now gonna practice the walking. I hope to get back to the computer soon.

7 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

Speedy recovery! We'll be patient, counting on seeing more wedding photos!

Cindra said...

Don't push yourself. Listen to what your body is telling you. Take care.

Irene said...

Take care of yourself Tommy and don't overdo. Just cuddle up with Miss Bella and get well.

dee said...

take small steps and good care of yourself. Hope all is well again soon.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I remember you saying something about this happening right after the wedding....heal quickly. Hope the pain is minimal and yes it is worth it for an inny button.

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!!!!

I knew this needed to be done, and you were so courageous to schedule it right after the wedding (like moments, later!)....and NOW it is over...and you can (slowly) get back to your rapid pace. Heal thyself........... says xxx

Robbie & Mandy said...

Please take care! We're all pulling for you! Ouch, did I say 'pull'...don't pull anything! Or you end up with an 'outtie' again!