Sunday, October 12, 2008

Run For Your Life !!!

Today is the Chicago Marathon. Our next door neighbor Gerry is running it as well as a few others I know.

Here is my kitchen pig sporting the only symbol I have for years of running long distances. It's the ribbon they gave out at the 20th LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon. Now the Marathon is the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. It's a huge deal here. The race has already been going on for an hour and a half and the weather is still in the sixties. Last year they cut the marathon short due to the hot weather and this year it was feared that it would be too hot to finish for some again. By noon it is supposedly gonna be 76°. Also, they are adding more water stations which will make a big difference. There are 40,000 (give or take) in the run. I like where I am enjoying it; in a recliner !!!

No comments: