Sunday, November 23, 2008

All Dressed Up

How cool is this? It is a few days before Thanksgiving and we arrive back north to some snow in our yard and the house decorated for Christmas. I am acting like this is all news to me. It isn't so. I got the house all dolled up for Christmas before I went to Houston in October. I did this because the house was on a holiday house walk last weekend and because I was in Florida, it had to be done early.
Each house on the Humane Society walk was paired up with a florist and after we put up our holiday stuff, they put around flowers for us - no charge - and get oooohhh's and aaahhh's and hopefully some new business. I was paired with my regular florist. My pal Micky was a docent at my house and took these pictures
around the house before her camera ran out of juice. You can see my Christmas tree in the background.

There are still some arrangements around that didn't have any real flowers anymore and there is some outside stuff but it is too dark to take pictures tonight.
Oh, I put on a sweatshirt on Bella when she came home and she was thrilled to have it on. She ran all over the house celebrating!!!! She has crashed now; a weary traveler.

1 comment:

JJO said...

Hi Tommy,

I was one of the fortunate ones who attend the Humane Society Christmas walk funraiser. Your home is beautiful and all decked out for the holidays put me in a holiday spirit. As a quilter, I especially loved your new quilt studio and didn't want to leave.
Thanks for much for supporting such a worthy cause.