Friday, November 07, 2008

Ole'

I have to kill a little time and sit here so I thought I would show you more IQF quilts. You will eventually see all the pictures that I have taken.

Here we have Cosmic Revelry by Paulette Landers. It is machine appliqued and quilted and there is some reverse applique on it too. If I had to guess I would say that the strip that looks like film is the reverse applique.
Winter Marsh was done by Margarete Steinhauer. It is machine pieced, appliqued and quilted.
This piece is done by my friend Pam Morris from sunny Florida. It is called Formations and is machine pieced and quilted and hand embroidered.
Colorplay VIII was done by my fellow PAQAette, Anne Lullie. It is raw edge fused and machine quilted.
Invitro #5: Microscopy was done by machine techniques by Leslie Jenison.
Woodscape Fabrication, by Carol Hill was done in a combination that you don't see al ot. It was hand appliqued and and then machine quilted.
Janet Steadman used machine techniques for this flying geese variation called Coast To Coast.
This quilt, Indiana Starburst by Judy Morton and the next quilt, African Album by Barbara Ann McCraw had a technique in their write up that I had never heard of called Broderie Perse.
I googled it and learned that it is applique but the portion appliqued is a cut out form from printed fabric; say a bird or a flower. It was used to conserve fabric that was printed (chintz) and costly, way back when. The portions were cut out and appliqued onto a solid fabric. To me, it's like fussy cutting an applique. I like when I learn a new term. The problem is at this stage in my life; will I retain it?

Gotta get into the kitchen. We are having fajitas for dinner; that's what I decided to do with the chicken. Yum.

3 comments:

dee said...

Oooo, I love the formations piece best.
Thanks Tommy for the eye candy.

Cindra said...

I always love looking at beautiful art.

Corky said...

Thanks for posting your IQF photos. It's always great to see a show through someone else's eyes.