Thursday, November 20, 2008

Time Out From Quilting

In the last three days I have been quilting up a storm. I have five pieces quilted, leaving the most difficult for today. It is a commissioned piece that has given me more than one night of bad dreams. I am thrilled with it so far, especially considering that it is totally out of my comfort zone and like nothing I have ever done before. Quilting itself is not a strong point for me. I pretty much loath it and I am sure it's because I don't take the time to learn how to do it well. I have all but bribed Melody to come for a visit and TEACH ME free motion quilting. Oh, wait, I have bribed her, sorry about that. I need to get over this insecurity by learning how to do it correctly, once and for all. Anyway, I am making progress.

Now, a couple or two pictures. This is our new fruit bowl. It is guaranteed not to pit like everything else in Florida does.
I am very leery of purchasing anything anymore that has any metal content for Florida. I go through pepper mills like toilet paper. I am forced to use the store bought grinders with the plastic innards that are throw away when empty but they do look tacky. Maybe it's the salt in the air that does it. Shopping caused another little piggy to join the throng of piglets at my house. This one almost
doesn't look like a pig except for the snout. It's probably supposed to be a wild boar.
It's weighs 3 ounces and is made out of pine rushes, I think.
My brother Bill put up a shelf in the wet studio for my fabric paints. That shelf would have been sitting around for a month waiting for me to get around to hanging it. Thanks Bill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that's a guinea pig!