Saturday, November 08, 2008

Yes, We Have No Bananas

Yesterday I threw away perfectly good skim milk. When I opened the refrigerator

this was facing me. I thought that it was the expiration date and even tho' I opened it up and smelled it I felt like the date was there for a reason and pitched the remaining milk. A few minutes later I was placing something else in the recycling bin and noticed this date,
immediately realizing that I threw away perfectly good milk. Why in the hell did they put two dates? I now realize that one is the date of packaging with the plant number but do they always have that? It should be on the bottom or somewhere that you don't readily see, don't ya think?

Here we have the process to make the breakfast casserole we had this morning. In a 13 x 9 greased pan,
and line it with bread (I cut the crust off) that is buttered on both sides. On top of that
I layered low sodium Krakus Polish Ham. The came 4 bananas sliced and evenly
distribute. Yep, bananas. Elvis, where are you?
I then layered another both side buttered slices of bread.
Shredded cheddar tops the bread.
On top of that I put potato chips.
On top of that is a bunch of bacon cut up into small places. I got out my nutmeg and grater so that I could add it to
my milk and egg with salt and pepper.
This egg mix was whisked together and poured on top of the casserole. Into the oven at 350 for an hour and voila'!


There were mixed reviews. I liked it and so did my brother Bill. Most everyone else thought it was odd. You be the judge.

I have to go. Every one is calling my name. They need my help.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds good except for the banana part! As for the milk date, I don't think I've ever seen two dates like that. I'd have done the same thing you did.

spikemuffin said...

Good thing you got "two for one" on the milk. SpikeMuffin appreciates the Vinegar reference.

Cindra said...

LOL! A bit odd? LOL! Bananas? It certainly sounds odd, but I never question your taste.

I have never seen two date either.

Sheila in Ohio said...

Sounds like a perfectly good breakfast casserole (if you forget either the bananas & nutmeg or the meat).

I'm making your mini-burgers today! {Wish me luck... I'm guessing 2lbs of meat to one pkg of onion soup & 1 cup of cheese.)