Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Aging Has It's Benefits (Yeah !)

It's funny that you should ask about the Christmas pillows. Yes indeed, for the 21st year I have made them, wrapped them and sent them out. The problem last year was that I posted the picture of last years pillow before everyone received them. My friends in California chastised me last year because they saw their yearly pillow on the blog BEFORE they received it personally. I gave them a heads up this year and told them to email me when they were in receipt of the pillow. Any day now, because they were sent out at the end of last week.

I took a trip to Goodwill hoping to find some 100% wool sweaters to make some stuff with it. I was not disappointed and yesterday was a special day at Goodwill. Over the intercom came the announcement that today seniors get 50% off their purchase. To my great surprise, the cutoff for being a senior was 55 !!!! I made it!!
It was the first time I could use my age to an advantage. I am sure in a couple years I will be included in most senior benefits. Does this mean getting old has it's advantages? If so, that's one. Here's my wool booty (atop Bella's blankets that she parks on on my sewing table.) You will be seeing some of the stuff I do with this in the future. Maybe, starting tomorrow.
I spent the better part of a day wrapping gifts. I hate to leave it to the last minute because it is then a drudgery and if I do it early it makes it more fun. That doesn't make sense, I know, but that's how it works in my pea brain.

I almost hate to admit this because it seems as if I go to doctors all the time but I am off to Northwestern today for my yearly gyne exam. I have a list of stuff to ask; can I move my yearly appointment to abetter weather time and still have my fosomax perscription for the full time in between visits? Can she give me Celebrex for my constantly ailing right hand because I keep taking G's ? And my friend is taking something that elevates any hot flashes (and is not a hormone) and I want that too. I just have to call her and ask her the name of the stuff (for the tenth time). It's that age thing again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you by any chance have anything to do with that discount announcement?

Can't wait to see what you have in mind for those sweaters. I have 4 awaiting an idea. I might be able to copy yours.......perhaps.

Evening Primrose.

spikemuffin said...

You made it by a lot.