Tuesday, December 30, 2008

FonDon't

I'm more than a little late in blogging today. When I was finishing up the laundry and bedding I happened to come across the Christmas tablecloth. It is easily machine washable; simple beige damask but I try not to machine dry it; the ink on it may not last through all those dryings so I don't dry it in the dryer.


My Christmas group was dubbed, "Christmas For Losers". It was a silly name and I think some wine was involved in it's naming but none the less, Christmas day at the Fitzsimmons consisted of a large array of people that had family to far to join or too pissed to join. Whatever the reason, we all got together. To remember the various years, the tablecloth was started. I am sure I saw, read or heard about this custom somewhere because there is not an original bone in my body. The plain tablecloth takes on a world of it's own, having been signed and drawn on since 1992. I have it here on my carpeting to dry naturally (it was 62 degrees yesterday); hence the very poor photo. The dining room table was full of crap to take to Florida so there was no way it was going back on the table for the photo op.There have been a few years in these last sixteen years that the tablecloth was not brought out. Don't ask me why because I have no answer except that I don't like to do the same thing year after year.

These are some of the 20 additions to the table cloth this year. After you have tried to figure out
what was written, you will get the drift of the comedy that is added to each unique meal we plan.
Oh, yeah, and then there is Uncle Bill, always concerned with the size of his butt. There's one of those in every family - am I not right?
Evan shares with the world that the fondue was not his favorite. There is more than one reason for that but I will leave it at that for now.
This little note left by G was hard for him to swallow, considering that the whole fondue idea was his. We are all over it and will never forgive him. I kid you not. Ha ha.

2 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

At least when you look back on this celebration you'll find some of the most creative signatures.
K

Anonymous said...

Does that mean that all those Fondue pots for Christmas pressies will go unused? I guess they can be re-gifted!
Happy New Year when it comes!