Tuesday, December 09, 2008

IQA Award Winners

Today is G's turn at the colonoscopy so having him at home is a little different that I am used to on a week day and I am a little behind schedule.

I feel the need to go back to Houston. It is amazing how much comment I have gotten from non quilters about the quality of work I have shown from this show. I guess they are used to my mediocre work and may have thought that it was as good as it gets !!! I may have done myself a disservice showing all this wonderful work. Que Sera. (And she's bilingual !)
These four works are done by artists that are teachers, award winners and IQA winners.
Katie Pasquini-Masopust did this one. It looks like you could pick off the pieces, kinda like candy. For some reason I didn't write down the name of this one. It's very fun.
This piece is done by Denise Havlan and is called Night Raider. Denise is a fellow Paqette and Salt Creek Quilter. I love her choice of colors.


None of these teacher works had anything written about the process/method of making these quilts but upon inspection, I think this work, Bitty Bitty Bang Bang by Liz Jones is at least partially batik. I am gonna have to google her and find out more about her work.
Paramjeet Bawa did this lovely piece called The New Beginnings . I particularly like the design of this quilt.

I have been as busy as a bee, getting ready for the holidays. It's just a very fun time for me. The more I have on my plate the more fun it is for me and it seems as tho' I get more done when the plate is full. I am nothing if not a multi tasker !!!

3 comments:

dee said...

Hope all goes well with G. Thanks for the morning eye candy. I don't know how to drink the coffee without a post from you in my a.m.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I too hope G's colonoscopy went well.

Tommy...I'm waiting for the Christmas pillow pictures! Will we see them soon? Or have you stopped making them?

Sharon

QuiltingFitzy said...

Gee, "Any" beat me to the punch this morning...

Curious about your selection of pillow design for this year!

Any peeks available?