Saturday, January 03, 2009

Goin' Green

I have been intrigued by this cookbook I got at a book sale at a private library.

The interior of the cookbook is in considerably better shape than this cover would lead you to believe.
Here is the copyright page. 1937 - 72 years ago - wow. Check out the table of contents. Look at numero 8. Tag ends. Ever heard of it? I haven't, until now. In the index it has tag ends and then says - recipes for leftovers. I can't wait to check out the cookbook in more detail. Just on quick inspection, there are ingredients that I have no idea what the stuff is. I will keep you informed.

My new quilt is under way. The background is supposed to be grass and I vacillated between machine piecing and using fusible and ended up deciding to piece and chose four colors that
seem to replicate the color of grass (both the best and the worst). I cut them in strips and started to sew and cut and sew and cut.
I think that it looks like the Midwest out of a plane window in the summer!!!

5 comments:

Cindra said...

I think that spot is just below Columbus, IN. I've seen it myself. Can't wait to see it finished!

Anonymous said...

Looks like grass to me!

Love your hand dyed fabric.

B

Irene said...

Looks like your helper is asleep on the job!

dee said...

Hope you're feeling a lot better. I loved the pictures of your Party at Regina's. She has a good looking family too! Everything looked delicious.
I just picked up some cute kid fabric yesterday and have to start a baby quilt for my neice-due in Feb. Nothing like waiting till the last moment huh? Glad the adorable helper is keeping a close eye on you.
My oldest cookbook is from the year I was born. It's the Trinity Episcopal Cookbook from 1948-lots of recipes for using lard in there. It was well-loved by my late MIL Dot. I should have it re-bound. It's fragile.

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Wow Tommy - that cookbook is REALLY old - it's even older than me!
K