Friday, January 23, 2009

Let's Make Some Fabric Leaves


Hey all you fiber artists and quilters.
The International Fiber Collaborative is inviting fiber artists around
the world to participate in making 30,000 leaves for a tree. The size
of each leaf should be approximately 5" wide and 7" long, any
technique you like.

http://www.internationalfibercollaborative.com/html/treeproject.html

Here's the link. I for one can't wait to make some leaves !!!! When the tree is complete you can say that you were a part of it. I like that idea. Check out the deadline. You have until March 15th to get them done and sent in !!!

3 comments:

dee said...

I love this idea. Can't wait to start making some leaves. They're a nice size as well which I really like. Gives one more space to play with.
Thanks Tommy.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun thing to do. Do you know if they all have to be the same shape?
Just thinking that oak or maple looking leaves would look funny on a lemon tree!

Jeri is said...

This sounds like such a fun project. I just sent an e-mail with the poster included to my quilty friends to see if they want to participate. 30,000 leafs? That's gotta be one big tree!