Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Baby Mike

Finally, our weather is back to normal. The wind has died down enough to not knock me down when I am blading and I don't need to put on another sweatshirt until dusk.

My friend Sheila is now a Granny. Her adorable daughter Nora had a beautiful baby boy a couple weeks ago. I thought it was high time that I made the little guy something.
This is what I came up with. I know, you are gonna say that it doesn't look like the typical baby blue coloring of the first born. That's because the baby's nursery is decorated in vintage baseball and these happen to be the colors; dark khaki, burgundy and chambray. I hemmed and hawed as to whether I should do a vintage looking quilt but opted for just the color scheme. After all, it is a baby, right? I did do something a little old fashioned on the center 'quilt' portion and tied it with embroidery floss instead of stitch in the ditch quilting. It just seemed
like it lent itself better to the whole look of the thing. Welcome to the world, Baby Mike !!!!

6 comments:

Rhonda M. said...

A very cute quilt.

Anonymous said...

Do you have to impose your sense of humor on a poor unsuspecting baby!!!

It is a very cute quilt, adorable!

dee said...

I love this so much Tommy. I tied the last two baby quilts I made and was surprised and delighted to find that the one I saw being dragged around recently was holding up really well.
Happy Birth Day Mike!

Cindra said...

That is way too funny! The parents will laugh everytime they see it. Great gift!

Anonymous said...

So, did you get into the class yesterday?

Corky said...

This is the cutest quilt! Now, just keep the baby away from ARod and his steriods.